Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I started experimenting with tracking vocals tonight. The recording itself didn't come out all that great, but it lets me know what direction to head in. I'll start by showing off the vocal booth.







Yep - "Heeerrre's Johnny."



(what? too soon?)







This door leads to my illustrious vocal booth known for it's class and comfort.





This is actually the best sounding room in my house. It is small and isolated and has a nice mix of echo and reverb.











So far I've only been working on one song. This is mostly because I've been waiting on a new M-Audio FastTrack audio interface to arrive that will allow me to record easier and with more better sound quality. Currently the way I am capturing sound is by running a microphone into a Behringer Ultra-Voice-Pro Preamp/Processor and adding effects when needed by running a T.C. Electronics Dual Effects Processor in the Behringer's effects loop. (So far the only thing I've used processed effects on is tonights vocal tracks, and the way they're sounding I'll most likely retrack them without the effects). I've been sending the audio signal from there directly into the mini audio in on my MacBook and using GarageBand as the recording software. I've been using an AKG D190E Microphone I inherited to record the tracks for this song. Overall this setup has been giving a noisy background to the tracks, which is ok for this song because it needs to have a dreamy background. Anywho ... Soon I will also be purchasing a pair of Audio-Technica Pro 37s and an Audio-Techinca 3035, all of which will have better capturing capability and help make clearer recordings.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment