Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tracking To Wrap Up This Sunday

Or, at least that's the plan. I am getting pretty close. I think...

I've been told that it's time to talk a little more about the music itself, and not so much the process. I've described basically all of what I am doing on the recording and technical side of this project already. The problem is that I am not quite sure of what direction to go. How does one describe the artistic side of it? How does one describe something that is supposed to hit people different ways? Certainly I have crossed into pretentiousness; My music is far from high art. I think for the moment I will give a list of what tunes are going to be on the album.

In no particular order (meaning that I haven't even thought of the album lineup) :

I Don't Wear My Seatbelt Either
Cutlass
Try So Hard
Restocking Fee
Lazy Sunday
the Co. Ink
Knights Of Livonia
Leavin' Tune (Working Title, will certainly change)
410 am - Sure

As it stands that is 9 tunes, something that my buddy O.T. will appreciate.

The other day I started to track Knights Of Livonia, and my friend Josh came over and took some pictures, which is something I really appreciate because I find it hard to take pictures of myself when I am recording. Myspace angles don't flatter me anyway. Here are some of the photos. If you haven't seen it, he also took the picture on the front of my website. Here are some of the best shots.
















The most important part of the recording process is making sure that there is hot coffee at hand.




















1 comment:

  1. "Certainly I have crossed into pretentiousness"

    As much as I hate to use it these days: LOL!

    "How does one describe something that is supposed to hit people different ways?"

    I take it that this is a core part of your artistic philosophy. (I know: *shudder*) Care to say more?

    ReplyDelete