Saturday, September 5, 2009

Doubling Up

I missed one, so today you get two!

ON THE EVE OF THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE is the only completely new song for this album. The song has no demo because it was written during final recording. It is a fairly straight ahead rock tune with a blues progression that goes to 4 at the bridge. Pretty standard stuff. The name has nothing to do with the song, but it works. I don't know about you but I think that leaving town on the eve of the zombie apocalypse is a good idea. The other possible name for it was IT'S TOO HOT TODAY, a Simpsons reference. Decent, but not as good as the final.

LAZY SUNDAY is the classic hit. It's the one that all the girls like and is the only hopeful song on the album. Every other tune is really desperate, this one is willing. The truth: it was inspired by a Country Time Lemonade commercial. It is the least personal song on the album and the one removed the farthest from my true feelings.

The demo is missing the beginning of the bridge section, due to the fact that it did not exist at the time that the demo was recorded. That section was written during the song's tenure as a Russian Spy Orchestration song. Like I Don't Wear My Seatbelt Either this song had different, better lyrics. I think we called the song "Goodnight Berlin."

Two more to go. Two days till release!

No comments:

Post a Comment