Thursday, September 3, 2009

Knights Of Livonia

KNIGHTS OF LIVONIA was originally known as LOST AND FOUND. As with most of my songs, this one was fairly complete musically long before it was finished lyrically. I specifically remember sitting down on the patio of my buddy Josh's house the summer before I re-entered school and playing this song on his old cheap hand me down acoustic. I played the tune a lot that summer because it was the newest completed song. If you buy the print edition with the extra disc of demos you will hear the lyricless version.

I'm not sure when the lyrics began. Once they were written they remained basically unchanged, but key words and ideas started to move around after I was kicked out of my fathers house by his girlfriend. I felt homeless for a long time after that. I have since remedied that, but the situation has completely changed my outlook on life.

There is nobody else. There is no one else. You can't count on anyone but yourself. Those who claim to love you will turn their back on you. If you want it done right, do it yourself. It's true when they say you can't go home. etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment